One-Shot Oil Lubrication System Guide – For Grizzly G0704 & Clones
The Guide is an illustrated design, installation, operation, and maintenance guide. It contains all of the information necessary to enable the proper design, installation, operation, and maintenance of an automatic, “one-shot”, oil lubrication system for a Grizzly G0704 or Grizzly G0704 clone benchtop milling machine.
The information provided in the Guide is relevant to Grizzly G0704 and Grizzly G0704 clone benchtop milling machines of the type that have all of the following features:
- A table saddle that has female dovetail X-axis stationary ways and female dovetail Y-axis moveable slides.
- A column saddle that has female dovetail Z-axis moveable slides.
- Adjustable and tapered X-, Y-, and Z-axis gibs.
- A hollow, box type column with front slot.
- Either a fixed head or a rotatable head.
If you have a milling machine of the type described above and you wish to install a one-shot oil lubrication system on it but you’re not sure how to go about correctly designing, installing, operating, or maintaining such a lubrication system, the information provided in the Guide will save you a lot of time and hassle.
Information contained in the Guide
The One-Shot Oil Lubrication System Guide – For Grizzly G0704 & Clones includes over 250 high-quality drawings and photographs. Additionally, it explains in detail:
- Various installation configurations for the system.
- How to determine the oil requirement for each lubrication point of the machine that is to be lubricated by the system.
- How to determine the correct flow rates for the lubrication system meter units that are connected to the lubrication points.
- The correct methodology to select an appropriate lubricator pump for the lubrication system.
- How to layout the oil grooves for the various slideways and gibs of the machine.
- How to calculate the correct dimensions of the oil grooves.
- The correct profile shape of the oil grooves for inhibiting the scraping of oil from bearing surfaces.
- How to machine an oil groove that has the correct profile shape.
- Options for machining the oil grooves and other features for the system. (One option is to machine them with the machine on which the system is being installed.)
- How to deburr the machined slideways and gibs.
- Installation options for various parts of the system.
- How to use some simple and inexpensive tools to cut, straighten, and bend aluminium tubing.
- How to install aluminium and nylon tubing.
- A suggested installation and commissioning procedure for the system.
- How to operate the system so that each lubrication point receives the correct amount of oil.
- How to maintain the system.
- An example of a system installed on a benchtop milling machine that has the above-listed features and that includes glass scales. The system and scales are installed such that they do not limit the head travel or the table travel of the machine.
One-shot oil lubrication system benefits
Some of the benefits of installing and using an oil lubrication system of the type detailed in the The One-Shot Oil Lubrication System Guide – For Grizzly G0704 & Clones include:
- Quick, reliable, and thorough lubrication of each lubrication point.
- Simultaneous lubrication of all of the lubrication points.
- Easy lubrication of all of the lubrication points.
- Automatic application of oil in the correct proportions to all of the lubrication points.
- Slideways, drive screws, and drive screw nuts will usually experience less wear.
- Achieve improved accuracy and repeatability when using the machine.
- Spend significantly less time keeping the machine lubricated.
- No need to use oil cans or oil brushes to lubricate the machine.
- Waste less oil.
- Create less mess.
Before purchasing the Guide, please make sure that it is relevant to your particular machine. If you’re not sure if the Guide is relevant to your particular machine, please contact us.
Also, please contact us if you are unable to find any Guide in our online shop that’s relevant to your particular machine. If necessary, we may be able to prepare a Guide that is suitable for your machine and then make it available for you to purchase from our online shop.
After you have placed an order for the Guide, we have received your order payment, and we have completed processing your order, you will receive an email from us that contains a download link for the Guide. Upon receiving the email you will be able to download the Guide by clicking on the download link.